none
EF 4.3 - Can the migrations be used with DB first approach? RRS feed

• Question

• If code-first wasn't used to get up and running, how can one make use of the new EF 4.3 migration features?
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:59 PM

Answers

• Hi darielmarlow,

Welcome!

Based on my testing, It seems the migration doesn't support database first now, I will do some research and get back to you as soon as possible, thanks for understanding.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 10, 2012 8:06 AM
  • Hi darielmarlow,

I got a feedback from Product Team: currently Migrations can only be used with Code First models, thanks for understanding.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi darielmarlow,

Welcome!

Based on my testing, It seems the migration doesn't support database first now, I will do some research and get back to you as soon as possible, thanks for understanding.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]

Friday, February 10, 2012 8:06 AM
  • Hi darielmarlow,

I got a feedback from Product Team: currently Migrations can only be used with Code First models, thanks for understanding.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:44 AM