Hiding Name and Code attributes RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Guillaume,

let me check that for you regarding to hiding capabilities .

note  : Do not change the display width to 0, we have an issue with this . I recently resolved an RFC, where customer complained about duplicate records in EXCEL . let me talk about it briefly, customer accidentally kept 0 as display width to code attr. in excel when they were changing the data and publishing it they ran into a weird issue of all the rows were duplicated except the changed row ( they changed only one row in this case, but it can be multiple) .

Fortunately, the data is not corrupted , its the excel sheet where the add-in will update the row in MDS server and then uses some logic to remove the coloring of the changed row back to normal and during this I found an issue related to the width property . so as a workaround ,I informed the customer not to change it .

this article says you cannot update the code and name length properties from excel for this reason , but from web application there is no way it can be stopped . https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff487008.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396. so inorder to avoid running into unnecessary issues in EXCEL add-in I would suggest not to change the display width to 0 .

Sunday, January 22, 2017 7:53 AM