none
How to access ASP.NET Core SignalR service in .NET Console App? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.,

I have built a MVC Web app using ASP.NET Core with SignalR. Is it possible to access this SignalR service ( ASP.NET Core MVC) in .NET Framework console app?

Thanks.

Sunday, September 16, 2018 4:24 AM

All replies

• Hi RamasamyNP,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum!

According to your requirement, I assume you mean starting client connections from .NET Core Console App to Azure SignalR Service.

If you already have a console app working with self-hosted ASP.NET Core SignalR, you don't have to change anything in your console app, only change you need is to call AddAzureSignalR and UseAzureSignalR in your ASP.NET Core SignalR server and configure the connection string. Then your console app will be automatically connecting to Azure SignalR Service.

Take a notice: before that, be sure your .NET core is updated 2.1 because SignalR was released on .NET Core 2.1.

More information about SignalR on .NET Core you can refer to:

Get started with SignalR on ASP.NET Core  and ASP.NET Core SignalR .NET Client.

If you have any question about asp.net core issue, please redirect to ASP.NET Core forum and start a new thread for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 17, 2018 6:41 AM
  • Hi RamasamyNP,

Is there any update about your issue?

whether my solution could solve your confused or not?

If you think my suggestion is help for you, please mark as answer as I said. Thank you for your understanding.

Looking forwards your reply.

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 6:55 AM