Meta data exchange problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am quite new to .Net technology and trying to solve the following run time error whose description is

"The client was unable to exchange metadata from the service, Make sure the service is running and exposing the meta data"

Following is the scenario,

From one end, 'A', I am running a state machine based workflow webservice hosted by ASP .Net 2.0.

At the second end, 'B', I am running simple sequential workflow based webservice hosted by ASP .Net 2.0.

At 'A', I am using workflow input/output activities, while at 'B', I am using workflowinvoke webservice activity.

These activities are configured properly, however, when I run the webservice at point B to invoke the service on point A, It throws the above mentioned error message.

In the web configuration file for service A, I also defined the service behavior, the proper binding, and endpoints for the service in which one end point is for meta data exchange.

When I compile the service at point B, the following warnings are written under the Messages tab

Could not find schema information for the attribute 'element name' like 'name', application settings in the App.config file.

Can anyone please guide me where I am doing mistake!

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Kashif

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:27 PM

Answers

• By default, metadata publishing is not enabled. Did you add ServiceMetaBehavior?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:23 AM

All replies

• By default, metadata publishing is not enabled. Did you add ServiceMetaBehavior?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:23 AM
  • ServiceMetaDataBehavior, actuallySmile

Thursday, June 19, 2008 2:21 AM