MasterDetailPage - Icons are not shown in UWP RRS feed

• Question

• User62136 posted

Hi I took the MasterDetailPage Sample from (https://developer.xamarin.com/samples/xamarin-forms/Navigation/MasterDetailPage/) but for some reason, I don't see the Hamburger icons and the other page icons on UWP. on Android it shown fine.

How do I make the icons to be displayed?

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 8:24 PM

Answers

• User226192 posted

You need to set its behavior to "popover", like this:

MasterBehavior = MasterBehavior.Popover;

Its a property of the MasterDetails Page, this enables the hamburger icon that brings forward the menu.

For the icons if I remember correctly UWP don't implement any icons there so its only for Android (no idea for iOS).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 8:46 PM

All replies

• User226192 posted

You need to set its behavior to "popover", like this:

Its a property of the MasterDetails Page, this enables the hamburger icon that brings forward the menu.

For the icons if I remember correctly UWP don't implement any icons there so its only for Android (no idea for iOS).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 8:46 PM
  • User243969 posted

@Threezool your solution is working perfectly, but after clicking on one of the menu elements and opening the selected page, the menu disappear, and the icon too

Sunday, April 9, 2017 7:36 PM
  • User226192 posted

@RefkaBenmahmoud said: @Threezool your solution is working perfectly, but after clicking on one of the menu elements and opening the selected page, the menu disappear, and the icon too

It sounds like the page you are opening is replacing the Master Details Page, so make sure that the new page is set in the Details property.

MasterDetailPage.Detail = new XamarinFormsPage();

If you want to enable navigation you will need to place a Navigation Page in the Details property and then set the page in the Navigation Page.

MasterDetailPage.Detail = new NavigationPage (new XamarinFormsPage());

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/xamarin-forms/application-fundamentals/navigation/master-detail-page/

Sunday, April 9, 2017 8:05 PM
  • User243969 posted

right! thanks @Threezool :D

Sunday, April 9, 2017 8:45 PM
  • User200144 posted

@Threezool

@Threezool said: You need to set its behavior to "popover", like this:

Yes it is But I want to make the hamburger icon invisible with Property Popover on UWP ??

Friday, May 5, 2017 2:28 PM