none
SSMS 2016 Intellisense doesn't match parens when connected to Azure

Answers

• Hi Josh,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As far as I know, in SQL Server 2016, IntelliSense supports only the most commonly used Transact-SQL statements, please check Transact-SQL Syntax Supported by IntelliSense for the detail information.

For the Azure SQL Database, the intellisense looks like not supported, I found this the same feedback here: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217321-sql-database/suggestions/10398954-intellisense and you can vote it to drive the attention of the Microsoft Azure administrator to this User Voice, then patiently waiting for the response from the Microsoft Azure engineers, thank you very much for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by JRStern Monday, October 31, 2016 3:51 PM
    Monday, October 31, 2016 6:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Josh,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As far as I know, in SQL Server 2016, IntelliSense supports only the most commonly used Transact-SQL statements, please check Transact-SQL Syntax Supported by IntelliSense for the detail information.

For the Azure SQL Database, the intellisense looks like not supported, I found this the same feedback here: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217321-sql-database/suggestions/10398954-intellisense and you can vote it to drive the attention of the Microsoft Azure administrator to this User Voice, then patiently waiting for the response from the Microsoft Azure engineers, thank you very much for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by JRStern Monday, October 31, 2016 3:51 PM
    Monday, October 31, 2016 6:48 AM
  • Thanks Sara, I guess that confirms there is no fix.  Thanks for the link, I added my votes and comment.

Josh

Monday, October 31, 2016 3:51 PM