none
WES7 - Occasional Check Disk screen at startup RRS feed

• Question

• I just made a WES7 image for our new computer....  pretty much the same settings as our current computer, which has been working flawlessly for the last few years.  Only difference is the drivers and some extra security settings via Group Policy, Sec Policy.

Both images have FBWF enabled and the entire C: partition (with WES7 OS) is always protected.  In both configurations the computer is shutdown via a power loss.  But for some reason I'm seeing this issue on the new image test computer (this is from the event log):

"The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume D:."

Clearly it's not related to C: drive because it's locked.  And it happens maybe once every 15 power cycles.  So I have 3 questions:

1. Could there be anything specific in the new image that causes this?
    2. Could this be specific to this SSD?  I will definitely test on more computers but just wanted to know.
    3. Would it be harmless to disable it via "chkntfs /X D:" ? We do save some data to D: drive but nothing crucial that should stop the operation. 

Thank you in advance!

• Edited by Kirko7 Tuesday, October 31, 2017 5:23 PM
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 5:22 PM

All replies

• Is there something different in the hardware? My guess is that the storage media (HDD or SDD) is not fast enough to flush the cache fast to the storage when power is cut off.
    Monday, November 6, 2017 3:17 PM
  • Interesting.... I will have to look into this as I'm not 100% sure.  Everything is different so I suspect SSD might be as well.

For now just disabled it.

Thanks!

• Edited by Kirko7 Tuesday, November 7, 2017 3:56 PM
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 3:56 PM