none
Visio 2016 crashes and export PDF issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Visio add-in that is built by using VBA and VB6. My users always complaint that their Visio 2016 crash when they are using my add-in. The worst case is one of the users is facing the crash problem for each 15 minutes. Also, sometimes VBA is unable to load after crash. However, the action that causes Visio crash is random, therefore I am unable to figure out the root cause. Here are some information:

Faulting application name: VISIO.EXE, version: 16.0.8326.2096
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.447
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000d9aaa
    Faulting process id: 0x2ae4

Another problem is, when my user is trying to save one of his drawing as PDF format, Visio will crash. This only happened on certain drawings. After I've reconnected some connectors, then only he can export the file. Here is the error log: 

Faulting application name: VISIO.EXE, version: 16.0.9001.2138
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23915
    Exception code: c00000fd
    Fault offset: 0005283e

Any ideas?

• Moved by Steve Fan Monday, February 12, 2018 8:05 AM relocate
    Friday, February 9, 2018 4:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I will move your thread to General Office Development forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=officegeneral

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 12, 2018 8:03 AM
  • Hello Visnny,

>>Another problem is, when my user is trying to save one of his drawing as PDF format, Visio will crash

Have you tried to disable any other add-ins for testing? If they start VISIO in safe model and then save the drawing as PDF, will visio crash? 

Is there any part code in your add-in fired when saving drawing as PDF? If there is, please share this code.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 23, 2018 7:32 AM