none
64 bit redemption 5.X upgrade problems RRS feed

• Question

• I'm updateing a 32 bit 2007 plugin for outlook to 2010. I created a custom DLL with the customize tool for the 2007 version and now want to reuse the code for the 2010 plug-in. But i can't get Redemption to load into the machine. I can't set the DLL as a reference in the project. It won't allow it. if I register the DLL it shows up in the reference COM tab but I can't load it. I get a cryptic error that just says can't load DLL.

This is is a win7 ultimate 64 bit os with 2010 office / outlook 64 bit. Any Ideas on the proceedure?

-K

Thursday, June 2, 2011 4:50 AM

Answers

• Is the problem that you can't set the Redemption dll as a reference? The PIA should be referenced and that's version neutral. In general with Redemption, at least for x64, it's probably best to use the RedemptionLoader classes and not actually register Redemption. I've been using that methodology for both 32 and 64 bit Redemption in 2010 addins with version 5.

Are you trying to use the 64-bit Redemption or the 32 bit one? You can only load and use the 64-bit version for a 64-bit addin.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Kate Cooper" <=?utf-8?B?S2F0ZSBDb29wZXI=?=> wrote in message news:fc296a89-eb8c-4098-864d-ae568804d0d4...

I'm updateing a 32 bit 2007 plugin for outlook to 2010. I created a custom DLL with the customize tool for the 2007 version and now want to reuse the code for the 2010 plug-in. But i can't get Redemption to load into the machine. I can't set the DLL as a reference in the project. It won't allow it. if I register the DLL it shows up in the reference COM tab but I can't load it. I get a cryptic error that just says can't load DLL.

This is is a win7 ultimate 64 bit os with 2010 office / outlook 64 bit. Any Ideas on the proceedure?

-K

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:16 PM