DeploymentItems at remote machine doesn't work in VSTS 2012, Please Help RRS feed

• Question

• I have read thru many posts & tried all them but none of the, served my purpose. & I found them confusing too.

What I want is to Run the test on Agent machine from the Controller(Which I am able to run without any issue). And for doing this I want to Deploy some of the Files at remote Agent machine in some directory by setting deplyment method using .testsettings file, But I am facing issues here, Could you please help me out with this? Thanks.

I have tried from following post & respective given method. But Still not working. Please help.

http://testquest.docs.bsquare.com/Integration_Samples_Unit_Test/Executing_Tests_On_A_Remote_Machine.htm

<DeploymentItem filename="TQ10UnitTestProj\TestQuestRoot.TQ10UnitTestProj\"outputDirectory="TestQuestRoot.TQ10UnitTestProj"/>

Thanks in advance..

Ashish

Friday, August 16, 2013 6:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Apology! I have fund it working now..

But can the deployment done on the specific folder on remote machine anywhere?

Friday, August 16, 2013 7:09 AM
  • Hi Ashish,

Apology! I have fund it working now…

So the precious issue has been resolved, am I right? If so, would you mind sharing us the solution here? So it will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

One thread for one issue, if possible, you could post the new issue in a new thread. So our discussion here will not deviate too much from the original issue. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 19, 2013 5:22 AM