none
ACTIVE X object cannot be copied RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Excel 2016 in Windows 10.

I have created an active x object (e.g. button ) in the worksheet A. When I copy this worksheet, the active x object disappear suddenly.

I have tried to search my computer to find *.exd files and delete them. However, this problem still exists.

Is there any solution to add back the missing active x object ?

Any hints ?

Monday, December 5, 2016 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Wicky Tse,

are you trying to copy the sheet using user interface or by code?

I try both the ways for Excel 2016 and it is working on my side.

so we need to narrow down the issue.

does your excel file contains the code already? or you will add the code later.

also try to copy only the button to the another sheet and check whether it work or not.

if it is particular file related issue then try to create a new excel file and try to perform copy the sheet with button.

is the problem only with button or any other Activex controls are also affected?

if you get any error message when coping the sheet then let us know about that.

please inform the above mentioned details so that we can try to suggest you further.

Regards

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Wicky Tse Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 2:42 AM

All replies

• Clarifications...
    Is this a problem on the original worksheet, the copied worksheet, or both?
    Is it xlsb or an xlsm file type?

And a few clues to chase...
    Is the vba project password protected? If so, has the password been satisfied?
    Are you in 'Design mode'?
    Have the (buttons) been resized to nothing?
    Is the source worksheet protected & edit objects disallowed?
    Is there event code executing (worksheet, workbook and/or excel.application), failing and preventing full copy?

Monday, December 5, 2016 3:13 PM
  • Hi Wicky Tse,

are you trying to copy the sheet using user interface or by code?

I try both the ways for Excel 2016 and it is working on my side.

so we need to narrow down the issue.

does your excel file contains the code already? or you will add the code later.

also try to copy only the button to the another sheet and check whether it work or not.

if it is particular file related issue then try to create a new excel file and try to perform copy the sheet with button.

is the problem only with button or any other Activex controls are also affected?

if you get any error message when coping the sheet then let us know about that.

please inform the above mentioned details so that we can try to suggest you further.

Regards

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Wicky Tse Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 2:42 AM