My First Site RRS feed

• Question

• User-1944181285 posted

I am new to this somewhat but this is the first time on my own. Need help on this error after I fixed the remote connection issue. I get this when I browse to the site in visual web developer.

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)

I am running this on a win2k3 virtual server... SQL database also exists on this machine.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 1:52 PM

All replies

• User1564875471 posted

try to restart sql service and also restart  IIS ,

Please read this thread :

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=168796&SiteID=1

Saturday, July 19, 2008 2:27 PM
  • User-1944181285 posted

The problem looked like it was permissions on the mdf file. It was not able to check and created its internal stuff. I went ahead and installed sqlexpress to bypass this issue I was having. But I came across another one. This is at the asp.net administration tool where I create the admin account. No matter what password I type it will not accept it. any idea?

Saturday, July 19, 2008 4:15 PM
  • User-1944181285 posted

NM I got it.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 4:19 PM