Not able to use Samsung GT B7320 for development? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

Couple of days back I bought Samsung Mobile GT B7320, a Windows Mobile 6.1. When I tried to run one of my WM application on it I got following message:
    Error 62 The device security configuration disallowed the connection. Ensure that you have the appropriate certificates on your device for development. Review your SDK documentation for proper security settings for connecting to this device. Device Connectivity Component 

Am not sure what does above message mean? And what should I do to us my device for develpoment?

Then some how I created .CAB of my application and installed it on my device, this time I got following message,
    NotSupportException
    at Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InitInstance()

I am totally clueless. Please let me know if you have anything for above errors.

P. S. -My application runs perfectly ok on WM 5 and WM 6 simulators. I have used SQL CE in my application to store the data.

Thanks in advance.

ND
    Naimish Dave
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:03 AM

Answers

• You see first message one because your device is locked. See SDK documentation for more info and tools, usually found here: "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Tools\Security"

Second error - you're using something which is not supported on that device (which is WM Standard AKA SmartPhone). An example of not supported control would be a button. If you have one on your form you would get this exception. I would guess your project is for WM Professional (AKA Pocket PC) so you're not getting compile time warnings about using not supported controls as you would in project for WM Standard.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by NDave Monday, January 25, 2010 4:52 AM
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 5:53 PM

All replies

• You see first message one because your device is locked. See SDK documentation for more info and tools, usually found here: "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Tools\Security"

Second error - you're using something which is not supported on that device (which is WM Standard AKA SmartPhone). An example of not supported control would be a button. If you have one on your form you would get this exception. I would guess your project is for WM Professional (AKA Pocket PC) so you're not getting compile time warnings about using not supported controls as you would in project for WM Standard.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by NDave Monday, January 25, 2010 4:52 AM
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 5:53 PM
  • Aaha!

Direct on the target!

As you mentioned, button was causing the problem. Is there any online reference material for "what is supported and what is not on SmartPhone"?

Thanks.

ND
    Naimish Dave
    Monday, January 25, 2010 4:52 AM