Create sub-page of page: www.mysite.com/a-page/sub-page RRS feed

• Question

• I can't see in EW4 where to place a page as a sub-page of another page like this: www.mysite.com/a-page/sub-page

Krsto

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:10 AM

All replies

• I don't know what you mean by "sub page of a page".  A page is a page.  If you mean you want it in a different folder, such as one below the folder you are currently working in, create a new folder, create the page, and save it in that folder.  Look in the File menu for one way of creating new folders and pages.  You can also right-click in the File List pane to select where you want to add a new folder or file.  And, you can drag existing folders and/or files in the File pane to move them to other folders.
    • Edited by KathyW2 Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:26 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:22 AM
  • Adding to what Kathy said, then you would have:

www.mysite.com/MyNewFolder/sub-page

so the "sub-page" is really just a page in a sub-folder of the site, if you want to think of it that way.

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Database Tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET
    Arvixe -- My favored web host

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:57 AM
  • But thats now what is asked for.

Krsto asks how to create a subpage, not a page in a folder.

lets say you Web site uses default.aspx as the default page.

At the same level you have subpage.aspx

this would give you: websitename/subpage.aspx

how would you create a page under subpage.aspx?

like: websitename/subpage/subsubpage.aspx

You could of course create both a folder named subpage and the subpage.aspx, but thats seems kind of redundant. I know we are not talking CMS here but is there really no better way?

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:28 PM
  • You can't do it, that's why people answered what they did.

A page is not a container; it can't hold anything, like another page. A piece of paper can't hold another piece of paper--same difference. A folder can hold pages, but a page can't hold another page (nor can it hold a folder).

Things Liberal Arts graduates never like to hear:
    “…which means you are going first in Double Jeopardy.”

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:42 PM
  • Look a the URL example Krsto gave: www.mysite.com/a-page/sub-page. That's a page under a folder named "a-page".  There is no such thing as a page under a page.

There is no good reading of the original question other than the one we gave it: subpage was the wrong term, and folder/directory was intended.  I assumed it was most likely a newbie unfamiliar with web structure and terms. 

If the original poster meant to ask anything else, he or she would have to return here and clarify it.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:45 PM