none
Check if in Word document (Word 2013) advanced option "Use fonts that are stored on the printer" is set RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible in a VBA macro to check whether an opened word document has the advanced option "Use fonts that are stored on the Printer" is set.

I have a word macro that opens and processes thousands of word documents.  The processing needs to be different based on whether this option is set or not.

Thanks,

Harry Spier

Harry Spier

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Harry,

I'm afraid that we're not able to retrieve this option value. The Advanced Options are actually stored as application level. Some of the options can be accessed with the Word.Application.Options property. But there're also many options that are not exposed in the Word Object Model. As you can see in this figure, there's no property corresponding to "Use fonts that are stored on the printer":

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Harry Spier Wednesday, January 7, 2015 1:35 PM
    Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Harry,

I'm afraid that we're not able to retrieve this option value. The Advanced Options are actually stored as application level. Some of the options can be accessed with the Word.Application.Options property. But there're also many options that are not exposed in the Word Object Model. As you can see in this figure, there's no property corresponding to "Use fonts that are stored on the printer":

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Harry Spier Wednesday, January 7, 2015 1:35 PM
    Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

access to this setting would be very important.

We need to change this setting for some hundred clients and on each new installation because it is required by FerrariFax which we do use (see http://forum.ferrari-electronic.de/showthread.php?5242-Steuerbefehle-in-Ferrari-Schriftart-für-den-Client-Faxdruckertreiber).

Is there any possibility to set it automatically, e.g. by a registry setting or is the option stored in a certain file that we can roll out at least for new clients?

Friday, March 13, 2015 8:29 AM
  • Do a text comparison of an exported registry file before and after making the change, and you may find the setting. Just a guess and I haven't tried it myself.
    Friday, March 27, 2015 2:50 PM