SignalR server no longer receives or sends messages after going idle RRS feed

• Question

• User-1689199484 posted

I'm developing a messaging feature using SignalR, and I'm running into a weird issue. Currently, the SignalR server and the web client are separate, although they are both running on my development machine.

When I start the SignalR server and load the webpage to make a connection, everything is fine and everything works. However, after some time of inactivity (like if I leave my computer and come back after an hour or so), the SignalR server no longer receives or sends messages, even though the server is still running, and according to the client logs, the client webpage is still successfully making a connection to the hub.

I'm using Console.WriteLine() to log all users that are connecting/disconnecting from the SignalR server for debug purposes. When this issue happens, nothing is being written to the console. On the client (a webpage), the connectionState property of the connection object is "Connected" so I'm not sure what the issue can be. Any ideas?

Saturday, February 15, 2020 2:22 AM

Answers

• User-1689199484 posted

This can be disregarded, sorry. After doing some more digging around and adding addtional logging, I determined that the issue was not about the server going idle or anything related to that. It was an issue somewhere in my code.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, February 15, 2020 6:01 PM