premium storage page blob account spend cost daily even virtual machines stopped RRS feed

• Question

• HI

in my azure subscription i created a storage account in a resource group and it stores vhds, i don't know every day i saw some subscription amount used by this account even i stopped the virtual machines.

how i stop or deal-locate storage when i not use this storage.

storage type showing in Premium storage - page blob /p30 

premium storage - page blob/p10

adil

• Edited by adilahmed Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:41 AM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you'll be charged for the storage used in your storage account even if the VMs are shutdown / deallocated. The only way to prevent this is by removing the data from your storage account. (you're using the disk space even if you're not using the data, that's why you get charged for it)

Floris van der Ploeg - www.florisvanderploeg.com

If my post was helpfull, remember to click the "Propose as answer" button.

• Proposed as answer by Sapna Girish Tuesday, May 2, 2017 4:11 PM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

Premium storage cost are calculated based on the Disk. even if we didn't use the disk it charges for the whole capacity of the disk. Lets assume you provisioned a 1TB premium disk you will charge for 1TB.  In General purpose storage it cost for the storage used. So if we delete the VM attached to the premium storage the disk is still in storage so you have to delete it manually. 

Thanks

If this answer help Please mark it as a answer Blog-http://allaboutwindowssl.com/

• Proposed as answer by Sapna Girish Tuesday, May 2, 2017 4:11 PM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 4:36 AM