none
Deploying Web Forms app with Entity Framework thru copying PackageTmp files generated by VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I can't do a clickonce or an installed package on our server, i dont have permission to do so (not even to get inside it). In this case, I can only paste in packaged aspx files/folders in an the folder of the site hosted in IIS on that server. My problem is that I don't think my web.config or data connections are setup. I tried replacing connectionstring value with the one i used inside my solution.

This is the generated web.config connectionstring when i built the deployment package.

<add name="WebFormsEntities" connectionString="$(ReplacableToken_WebFormsEntities-Web.config Connection String_0)" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

But it still didnt work. I'm sure that it didn't accessed the database, since i had it monitored in my SQL Server management studio.

What could it be that i'm missing, OR this approach isn't even possible in the first place? Like I should be just pasting in my files (coming from PacakgeTmp folder of the built deployment package)

Please some advice will be helpful. Thanks

Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:14 PM

Answers

All replies