none
Project Server 2010 - How to create a Summary of multiple PDPs? RRS feed

• Question

• We have created our own customized workflow using the Dynamic Workflow Solution Starter.

There are about 5 PDPs that capture project information, and once filled out, it all needs to be reviewed by a committee.  My question is, how do I create a succinct, nicely viewable page with all of this information?  Is there a way to export this stuff to Word, or create a web page that lists it all read-only?

Thanks, Tracie

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 7:31 PM

Answers

• The only way to do this in a nicer looking way would be to create a report calling that information. It would be a simple report with a project parameter and all fields displayed with the look and feel you like, the company logo, and so on.

You can accomplish this SQL Server Reporting Services. Reporting Services has the nice advantage that you can display it as a webpage and export it to PDF, Excel and so on. On the downside, it's more complicated than configuring a PDP, especially if it's not already in use in your company and needs to be implemented first. You should really look into it, though. You might need other reports later to analyze all the data entered in your PDPs.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 5:09 PM

All replies

• If the fields that people are asked to fill in are project custom fields, then you can control them using workflow and make them read-only after a certain point. The same fields can be displayed on multiple PDP's this way.
    Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:53 PM
  • Yes, we tried creating one PDP that contained all fields.  The PDP contained two columns - one wider, with the textual input, and one thinner, with cost figures and list-type output.  It looked OK; I guess we were hoping to be able to take the data and make a nicer-looking web page or export the data to Word, but I am not seeing a way to do either.

If anyone has ideas, please send them along!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:16 PM
  • The only way to do this in a nicer looking way would be to create a report calling that information. It would be a simple report with a project parameter and all fields displayed with the look and feel you like, the company logo, and so on.

You can accomplish this SQL Server Reporting Services. Reporting Services has the nice advantage that you can display it as a webpage and export it to PDF, Excel and so on. On the downside, it's more complicated than configuring a PDP, especially if it's not already in use in your company and needs to be implemented first. You should really look into it, though. You might need other reports later to analyze all the data entered in your PDPs.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 5:09 PM