none
WCF-OracleDb Adapter 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0 not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have installed the latest BizTalk Server 2010 x64, on a Windows 2008 R2 x64.

I installed as well the latest client ODTwithODAC112021 (x86). However I keep getting the error below :

The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location xxx  to the adapter "WCF-OracleDB". Reason: "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342'
       at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBBinding.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBBinding.CreateBindingElements()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.Binding.CanBuildChannelListener[TChannel](BindingParameterCollection parameters)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfUtils.IsQueuedReceive(Binding binding)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BtsServiceHostBase.InitializeRuntime()
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiveEndpoint.Enable()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiveEndpoint..ctor(BizTalkEndpointContext endpointContext, IBTTransportProxy transportProxy, ControlledTermination control)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiver`2.AddReceiveEndpoint(String url, IPropertyBag adapterConfig, IPropertyBag bizTalkConfig)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Do I need to install old version Oracle Clients in order for BizTalk Server to work?

Regards,

BizTalk Consultant in France

Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:02 PM

Answers

• Thx Steef,

So I found out, after installing the Client x86 and x64, I reinstalled the WCF-LOB-SDK-2010-x86 and not the WCF-LOB-SDK-2010-x64, now things seem to be working fine.

However, I have still an error which says :

*The receive location "xxx.Oracle.NotifInterv.Loc" with URL "oracledb://xxx/" is shutting down. Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.XmlReaderParsingException: Unexpected start node "RECUPERER" with namespace "http://Microsoft.LobServices.OracleDB/2007/03/xxx/Package" found.
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Channels.AdapterInputChannel.EndTryReceive(IAsyncResult result, Message& message)

As I am doing polling, I have no idea what is the message, I don't understand this error, because I tried to use XMLReceive or Passthrough recieve withe the same effect, why does it analyse the xml received from Oracle?

Any idea?

Regards,

Friday, August 12, 2011 2:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

No you do not need to install the old Oracle clients. In my blog post I written the following:

It is important that when accessing Oracle you have appropriate client installed. This can sometimes be a hassle if you do not know, which client you need. When you trying to connect to Oracle you will get error messages like:

Connecting to the LOB system has failed.

Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..

This can be pretty annoying, but there is documentation that can help you going the right direction. In installation documentation I read that supported versions are:  

• Oracle database version 11.1,
    • Oracle database version 10.2,
    • Oracle database version 10.1,
    • Oracle database version 9.2

And supported client versions:

• Oracle Data Access Components for Oracle Client 11.1.0.6 with Patch Set 11.1.0.7,
    • Oracle Data Access Components for Oracle Client 11.1.0.7

I used the Oracle 11g client and downloaded the latest release 2 version. For reference see my post.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Friday, August 12, 2011 7:12 AM
  • Thx Steef,

But this is just giving me a night mare, in fact I installed the client x64 of Oracle (and the client x86 was already installed), then problem seemed to be resolved. However I got  new warning saying that BizTalk couldn't find the oramts.dll, which is of course in many folders.

Now I am faced with another issue, when I try to modify the details of a recieve location through the administration console I got the error of the assembly version 2.111.7.0 not found.

Could you please just explain to me how do I do a basic installation and get the things to work.

I am lost with the x86 (which is used by Visual Studio and Administration Console) and the x64 which is used by BizTalk Server...

Regards,

Friday, August 12, 2011 12:57 PM
  • Ideally I would like to have something like : 

Download Oracle Client x64 : http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/112010-win64soft-094461.html

Download Oracle Client x86 : http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/index.html

Download ODAC .... etc.

Regards,

Friday, August 12, 2011 1:11 PM
  • Hi,

I can understand the frustation. Microsoft has improved in my view the installation of BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010, but the installation of client software for adapters SAP, Oracle, or Oracle eBusiness suite can be sometimes be vague or blurry. For the post I only installed the 32 bit client client (as it was a beta for latest client for Oracle 11g). In case for x64 scenario you will need x86 client and then x64 client.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Friday, August 12, 2011 1:50 PM
  • Thx Steef,

So I found out, after installing the Client x86 and x64, I reinstalled the WCF-LOB-SDK-2010-x86 and not the WCF-LOB-SDK-2010-x64, now things seem to be working fine.

However, I have still an error which says :

*The receive location "xxx.Oracle.NotifInterv.Loc" with URL "oracledb://xxx/" is shutting down. Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.XmlReaderParsingException: Unexpected start node "RECUPERER" with namespace "http://Microsoft.LobServices.OracleDB/2007/03/xxx/Package" found.
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Channels.AdapterInputChannel.EndTryReceive(IAsyncResult result, Message& message)

As I am doing polling, I have no idea what is the message, I don't understand this error, because I tried to use XMLReceive or Passthrough recieve withe the same effect, why does it analyse the xml received from Oracle?

Any idea?

Regards,

Friday, August 12, 2011 2:38 PM
  • And if I specify in the binding of the recieve location Use Ambiant transaction to true, I get this error

The receive location "xxx.Oracle.NotifInterv.Loc" with URL "oracledb://xxx/" is shutting down. Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.ConnectionException: Unable to load OraMTS ---> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: Unable to load OraMTS   at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure, Boolean bCheck)
       at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleError(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, Object src)

If I solve my problems I would be more than happy :-)

Friday, August 12, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Ok, has anyone found a resolution to this? I am getting this exact same error when I loaded the LOB, Adapter Pack 2010 and 11g ODAC on my QA machine.
    I can tell you it is not an issue with the Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0
    I have the same ODAC version on my DEV and QA GAC's and I loaded the exact same components on my DEV box and it works just fine.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:10 PM