Add a sound to a sketchflow prototype? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to add a sound to my sketchflow prototype that plays when a button is clicked or when the frame of an animation is playing?

I would assume that there is but it would require using a Blend behavior instead of the SketchFlow behaviors - but which behavior and how to trigger it?

TIA for any suggestions
    Monday, September 14, 2009 5:57 PM

Answers

• I figured this one out. EB3 Help indicates that you have to have at least windows media player 10 for sounds to work in EB3. I upgraded my WMP to version 11 and now sounds play!! 

Yaaaay!

Although - the fact that other viewers have to have WMP 10 isn't too great. I wish there was another way to accomplish this...
    • Marked as answer by snortch Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:20 PM
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:20 PM

All replies

• http://www.garchibald.com/blog/2008/12/19/SilverlightBabySmashAudioFiles.aspx
    I hope this iwll help you :)
    Prasad - www.beautifulmind.blog.co.in
    Microsoft MVP
    • Proposed as answer by prasad22 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:53 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by snortch Tuesday, September 15, 2009 2:21 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:53 AM
  • hmm, ok well I don't really speak code all that well - so that link didn't really do the trick. Here's what I've done:

1. I created a new silverlight based sketchflow project.
    2. I added a sketchflow style button to the artboard.
    3. I dragged and dropped a 'PlaySoundAction' on top of the sketchflow button I made
    4. I went into the properties and indicated the sound that I wanted to play. In this case it was a wma audio file that I had handy.
    5. Under the Trigger property, I indicated that I wanted the sound to play on Click of the button. I verified that the button was the same button that I just placed on the artboard.
    6. I pressed F5 to try it out.

When clicking on the button - nothing happens. I tried playing wav, mp3 and wma that I encoding using the Expression Encoder thing.

Can anyone help me understand why I can't get the sound to play?
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 2:18 AM
  • hmm, still no response to this. Seems like a simple question -surprising that there isn't a simple answer + there's been close to 70 viewers and no answers??

Anyway, I'll be patient...
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:58 PM
  • It would be nice to get a response to this question. I don't know where else to look for these kinds of questions. Sure would be nice if someone had written a book and sketchflow...
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:57 PM
  • I figured this one out. EB3 Help indicates that you have to have at least windows media player 10 for sounds to work in EB3. I upgraded my WMP to version 11 and now sounds play!! 

Yaaaay!

Although - the fact that other viewers have to have WMP 10 isn't too great. I wish there was another way to accomplish this...
    • Marked as answer by snortch Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:20 PM
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:20 PM