none
Getting "AccessViolationException" error after ms access 2016 installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Earlier ms access 2013 version was installed on machine. Now, ms access 2016 version has been installed.

I didn't make any changes in code, but i am getting "a first chance exception of type 'system.accessviolationexception' occurred" error.

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013 with vb.net code and ms access 2016 version.

Kindly suggest you ideas in vb.net. For details you can refer below error image.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Sinha

Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

see the following link

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/94b19813-b2cf-46e2-a7d0-53aa0db749c6/systemaccessviolationexception-occurred?forum=winforms

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5932569/c-sharp-winforms-exception-a-first-chance-exception-of-type-system-accessviola

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alex Li-MSFT Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:59 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:34 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for your suggestions, but it's not working for me. I have tried below steps.

• Tools menu ->Options -> Debugging -> General -> Uncheck this option "Suppress JIT optimization on module load"

Is there any other options in vb.net to avoid "AccessViolationException" error.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Sinha

Thursday, September 20, 2018 7:09 AM
  • Hello,

What are the settings you have for the following? You might try flip-flopping them, rebuild and try again.

Also, does this happen from starting the app inside of Visual Studio and also from running from windows explorer?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:50 AM
  • Thanks Karen for your suggestions.

But it's not working. I have tried with AnyCPU (Prefer 32-bit), x86, x64, nothing will work.

Can anybody suggests some vb.net code.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Sinha

Friday, September 21, 2018 3:19 AM
  • Bottom line is there is nothing you can do with vb.net code but perhaps if using TableAdapters which you have little control over then here is something to try, download my MSDN code sample, compile and run, see if it has the same issues.

Also another thought, did you install the 32 bit version of access or 64 bit?

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/CRUD-data-operations-for-4783d8dd?redir=0

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, September 21, 2018 10:40 AM
  • Hi Karen,

Is there related to some rights means it is something related to access rights or read-write access permission.

Can we set full rights to ms access, if yes can you provide me some vb.net code to provide full right to ms access file.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Sinha

Monday, September 24, 2018 10:48 AM