Access to other peoples My Reports Folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

How do I make it so I have access to everyones My Reports folders please?

Thanks in advance

Martyn
    Friday, November 6, 2009 11:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Mart76,

It sounds like you want to enable users to see other members' private folder.

By design, if we have enabled "My Reports" feature, the Reporting Services will create a folder "My Reports" and a folder "Users Folders" under the root path.
    The "My Reports" will filter the reports based on the currect users. This means the folder will show the reports the current user created.
    The "Users Folders" is the folder that used to host all users' private folder. Under this folder, we will found there has folders for each user. Please click on one user's folder. We may see a folder "My Reports". Click on "My Reports", and then click "Properties", on the "Security" tab, we can know, the security does not revert to parent. It only available for the owner.

So, to allow users to access other members' folder, please add role at each user's "My Reports" folder.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Jin Chen
    Jin Chen - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Friday, November 13, 2009 8:17 AM
    Monday, November 9, 2009 7:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check this link to add permissions in ReportManager

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156406.aspx

I hope this link might be Helpful

Rajesh Jonnalagadda http://www.ggktech.com
    • Proposed as answer by Prasanna K J Friday, November 6, 2009 12:00 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mart76 Friday, November 6, 2009 12:07 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 11:46 AM
    Answerer
  • are you asking about how to provide acess to reports folder in Report Manager?

if so,

open report manager, click on properties tab and then in security add the user.Then click on the data source and add the user there...

on home page, click on site settings and add user in security.

Hope i understood your question correctly....

Best Regards,
    Azhar
    Friday, November 6, 2009 11:59 AM
  • Thanks for you reply. I have all the permission set in report manager, all the users can use report builder. The thing is, when they publish their report to their My Reports folder only they can see it. I want to be able to access everyones My reports folders but I can't see them. I have full permissions and Admin rights - what do I need to do to be able to see these folder in the report manager?

Thanks
    Friday, November 6, 2009 12:07 PM
  • Hi Mart76,

It sounds like you want to enable users to see other members' private folder.

By design, if we have enabled "My Reports" feature, the Reporting Services will create a folder "My Reports" and a folder "Users Folders" under the root path.
    The "My Reports" will filter the reports based on the currect users. This means the folder will show the reports the current user created.
    The "Users Folders" is the folder that used to host all users' private folder. Under this folder, we will found there has folders for each user. Please click on one user's folder. We may see a folder "My Reports". Click on "My Reports", and then click "Properties", on the "Security" tab, we can know, the security does not revert to parent. It only available for the owner.

So, to allow users to access other members' folder, please add role at each user's "My Reports" folder.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Jin Chen
    Jin Chen - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Friday, November 13, 2009 8:17 AM
    Monday, November 9, 2009 7:08 AM