none
Add 'Today's' Date & Forum Question RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom Outlook form I am writing (1st one in Outlook, have done quite a few Word ones). I have a field on the form in which I wish to put the date the form was first started when the users come to use it. I have tried the initial value of now() but that does not work. What is the syntax to get this working please.

I also have a post in the Outlook forum that apparently would be better in here. How do I move it or shall I close it and recreate in here. Don't want to be accused of double entries and annoy the admins

Thanks

Toni

Toni Chaffin aka Talisa

Monday, April 8, 2013 10:21 AM

All replies

• Do you have code in your form? What type of control is this?

I would use a textbox and set it to bind to a new field to preserve the value, and set the initial value to Now(). That should work just fine. The textbox can be made read-only. An alternative could be a label, also bound to a field and set to an initial value calculated when the form is fist opened of Now().

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "TSRC" <=?utf-8?B?VFNSQw==?=> wrote in message news:fbfda7d3-c942-44f0-9f5e-b99a36823be2...

I have a custom Outlook form I am writing (1st one in Outlook, have done quite a few Word ones). I have a field on the form in which I wish to put the date the form was first started when the users come to use it. I have tried the initial value of now() but that does not work. What is the syntax to get this working please.

I also have a post in the Outlook forum that apparently would be better in here. How do I move it or shall I close it and recreate in here. Don't want to be accused of double entries and annoy the admins

Thanks

Toni

Toni Chaffin aka Talisa

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Monday, April 8, 2013 2:56 PM
  • Thanks, I will add that code now. I was trying to use now under the initial value on startup box under properties but I shall just VBA it into a TextBox on the form which already has a User Defined configured.

Will report back shortly

Toni Chaffin aka Talisa

Monday, April 8, 2013 4:12 PM