SharePoint + Workflow + InfoPath + Biztalk + Oracle !!! RRS feed

• Question

• I've a SharePoint system . I need to include some infopath forms, and manage the system using a workflow engine. also the InfoPath forms will be connected to a biztalk server that will save the data in an Oracle DB.

could u suggest the integration model ??

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 11:03 AM

All replies

• You seem to have an excess of packages involved there.  Why would you want the infopath and biztalk when you could just write to the oracle db.  Perhaps via workflow?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:59 PM
  • Hi,

I am not sure about your integration requirement and also looks like you have many products out there

If you are looking for an ESB then Biz Talk will be a fit here. Do you have requirement around integration with other systems or partner. This means you might have Communication, Message translation, Work Flow implementation and lookin for SOA kind of design. Then Fit Biz Talk as an ESB.

Do you have portal requirement, Collaboration, Search, ECM then MOSS will be the right fit. Also it has workflow features , but again you might need to decide where you want workflow to be implemented.

Mark as answer if this helps

Thanks and Regards

Azhar

Thanks and Regards Azhar Amir
    Friday, March 26, 2010 5:42 AM
  • I'd like to build a system based on MOSS , the system includes forms that need to be InfoPath which will save its data in an Oracle DB (the DB is out of my system's scope). then I need to communicate with an E-Payment system (out of my scope too) through a biztalk server. I've been advised to use AppFabrik as a workflow engine
    Friday, March 26, 2010 11:10 AM
  • Why won't MOSS cover your workflow requirements?
    Friday, March 26, 2010 11:42 AM