How do I get the fields "Original Estimate", "Completed" and "Remaining Work" to display? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using the Scrum template.

When I create Tasks I have only the option to enter a value for "Remaining Work".

How do I get the fields "Original Estimate", "Completed" and "Remaining Work" to display?

CG

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:57 PM

Answers

• You can edit the Task.XML to add the two fields from the Agile template. The fields are Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.OriginalEstimate and  Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.CompletedWork.   There are various posts out there that should be able to walk you thru the process of exporting/importing the XML file with the witadmin tool.
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:34 PM
  • Hi NuTech,

Please export the work item as xml file through Power tool (Process Editor), then add corresponding field in xml file and import to TFS team project. (If it still have the issue, please post the detail content of xml file)

>> what do I have to do to make these visible on the Task

You need to add a control refer to that field to the form. You could export Agile Task work item and check how it defined.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 13, 2016 2:26 AM

All replies

• You can edit the Task.XML to add the two fields from the Agile template. The fields are Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.OriginalEstimate and  Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.CompletedWork.   There are various posts out there that should be able to walk you thru the process of exporting/importing the XML file with the witadmin tool.
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:34 PM
  • I added two fields using the Process Editor (I'm using Visual Studio Scrum 2013.4 Template).

I have two questions:
    1) I was unable to use Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.OriginalEstimate as it tells me it is already being used (I do not see the same Reference name in the list). For now, I abbreviated it to Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.OrigEstimate

Any ideas why this is the case?

2) When I save my changes and go to TFS and try to add a new Task I do not see these new fields - what do I have to do to make these visible on the Task?

CG

• Edited by NuTech Friday, June 10, 2016 11:05 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2016 11:02 AM
  • Hi NuTech,

Please export the work item as xml file through Power tool (Process Editor), then add corresponding field in xml file and import to TFS team project. (If it still have the issue, please post the detail content of xml file)

>> what do I have to do to make these visible on the Task

You need to add a control refer to that field to the form. You could export Agile Task work item and check how it defined.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 13, 2016 2:26 AM