none
How I can access a remote web database using a Excel template to insert large amounts of data? RRS feed

• Question

• I developed before using vb.net applications and a local database or LAN, but never using Excel and a database that is on internet, I have been researching but am a little confused about how to do it, I saw that you can use vba or document level solution (.vsto) it does not really matter what I use.

I want  develop a excel template that will be available on a website, then user can download it. Users fill the template with their information in the  excel spreadsheet, and after these data are uploaded to the web mssql server on internet. 

The data for each insert probably is around 150 rows and 24 Columns and for updating data it can increase and for this reason I want the data to be sent only once.  For retrieving data I researched and found that I can do with a WebQuery.

What is the best option that you recommend to do this?, Do I have to use a WCF service? and How I can do it?

Thanks in advance

• Edited by JoseXavier Friday, June 15, 2012 1:18 PM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 1:02 PM

Answers

All replies