none
Kinect for Windows Toolkit Browser v1.5 Enquires RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, im doing a school project about using the kinect to track 2 users & sense body parts/movement. How can I go about tracking 2 users? Is it something to do with the Kinect Skeleton Chooser? I added it in the reference but it did not work. I have also tried to put the face tracking basics into the skeletal tracking app but the effect doesnt come out. Anyone there can help me with these pls? Thanks in advance(:

Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:48 AM

All replies

• Out of the box, Skeleton tracking will track 2 players.  You don't need skeleton chooser to get that working.

Skeleton chooser is for overriding the way players are selected if there are more than 2: closest, sticky, most movement, etc.

James Ashley - Presentation Layer Architect at Razorfish Emerging Experiences
    jamesashley@imaginativeuniversal.com
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com www.emergingexperiences.com

Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:23 PM
  • In addition, you can do gestures of multiple people by looping through  each skeleton detected (max two) or make the first skeleton active deactivate it quickly then activate second persons skeleton and do this in quick session (what i do in my kinectmultipoint project).

once  tracking is activated for a skeleton the skeleton for that person can be manipulated for data like x,y,z coordinates of a joint or other data relating to the skeleton.

I have a template i created in v1 on my kinect multipoint project page for doing multiple people if you wish please try my project and give me feedback as its still being worked on and i need someone to see if they have problems with the kinect code to know if i need to change something.

Its still a little buggy but thats because it still in beta stage but most of bad bugs and problems have been worked out.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://jefferycarlsonblog.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:14 PM