Multiple Forms c# - Switch form quickly and smoothly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am sure this question has been asked a thousand times, but i cant find any good documentation on switching forms quickly without seeing the desktop. I have 5 forms which are all accessed by the main form. What method is best to use or can some one give me a link to documentation.

Currently i am using ShowDialog() but this is not very quick and the main form minimizes before the other form is loaded. I have already intialised the forms but it is far to slow between switching.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Craig
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is for windows mobile based programming, if you are talking about desktop.

Then you are out of scope here.

Thanks

Binze

Binze Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bin-ze Zhao Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:54 AM
    Monday, February 21, 2011 8:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is for windows mobile based programming, if you are talking about desktop.

Then you are out of scope here.

Thanks

Binze

Binze Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bin-ze Zhao Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:54 AM
    Monday, February 21, 2011 8:47 AM
  • No i am questioning about windows mobile platform, when i say the desktop i mean the home screen / main screen (not to sure what correct name is). I have now solved this issue by using a masterclass that stores all the form classes. This way i can cache the forms and the trasition betweeen the two forms is very quick and you dont see the form minimizing.

Thanks again.

Craig
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:04 PM