none
VS2015 - How to remove or disable the "publish" button on the status bar?

Question

• Version: VS 2015
    Edition: Community

Just wondering if there is a way to disable / remove the "publish" button on the status bar?

The "publish" button is located in the right bottom side.

Thank you

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can use the Hide the Publish button in the status bar of Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 extension for Visual Commander.

Sergey Vlasov | Vlasov Studio | Visual Studio add-ins, extensions and tools

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 3:04 AM
  • could you provide me additional information for how to use this code / install an update? 

Thanks !

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 3:33 AM
  • You need to install the Visual Commander extension and add a new C# extension with the above code. For more information see https://vlasovstudio.com/visual-commander/

Sergey Vlasov | Vlasov Studio | Visual Studio add-ins, extensions and tools

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:42 AM
  • thanks.  But this seems a bit over for turning-off the "publish" button. 

I would suggest the development team to have a button to disable it on the settings screen.

Anyway, thanks !

Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:44 AM
  • Hi iHandler,

If you have decided submit this suggestion to development team, please share a feedback link here and then mark the feedback link as answer. It can let other communities who has the same requirement to vote and add comments for your feedback.

And if you use the way that Sergey Vlasov suggested, please mark his reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 5:51 AM
  • I didn't see this button until I updated the GitHub extension on 6/29/2016 (along with VS 2015 Update 3).  I use Hg source control, not GitHub.  Removing the GitHub extension removed the button.  Perhaps a future version of that extension will provide the necessary setting to hide/show the button -- if so, I will consider re-installing.

• Edited by C_Shaw Friday, July 01, 2016 6:06 PM
    Friday, July 01, 2016 6:05 PM
  • Hello C_Shaw, yes, basically, I wanna to remove the publish button, could you tell how to remove the GitHub extension and therefore the publish button also disappear?  thanks

Saturday, July 02, 2016 5:33 AM
  • I just removed the GitHub extension from Visual Studio. The extension is no longer listed in the extension list. It also disappeared from the list of installed VS components in the VS installer.

However, it had no effect on the status bar button. That annoyng "Publish" button is still there and still works as before.

• Edited by Andrey-T Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:17 PM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:17 PM