how can i get appid? RRS feed

• Question

•          Hi i am doing an app where i required appid(i think it is not same as product id in WMAppManifest.xml)

can anybody help how can i get appid?

TranslatorService.LanguageServiceClient myclient = new TranslatorService.LanguageServiceClient();
                    myclient.TranslateAsync("E2420F5AEEFE4E099048DBB34FEF02B1", Tbox.Text, "en", "fr", "text/plain", "general");
                    myclient.TranslateCompleted += new EventHandler<TranslatorService.TranslateCompletedEventArgs>(myclient_TranslateCompleted);

The First Argument in TranslateAsync is appId. i put product id but it is giving exception saying invalid appid. 

Thank u.

• Edited by SARVESH.RVN Friday, September 14, 2012 11:31 AM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 11:27 AM

Answers

• That AppID is nothing to do with your app.  You need an AppID for the Bing Translator Web Service.  Read this for more information.
    Friday, September 14, 2012 11:43 AM
  • It is highly recommended that you don't hard code app ids in an app.  That being said, there are a few ways to get the app id.  

When an application is submitted for testing, an app id is generated and will show in the details page of your application.  I don't know if the app id shows while it is in the testing phase.

Read the app id from the WMAppManifest.xml file.  This file is automatically recreated when you submit an application for testing.  Someone has already written the source for doing the reading and has a nice example here: How to get your Windows Phone 7 application id directly in your application

There are likely more ways to do this, but one of the two above methods should help you.

Edit: I had typed my reply before Steve's reply answered the ID needed for the translation service. My answer will work for someone needing the AppID of the application on Windows Phone Store while Steve's answer is the one the original poster needs.  :)

• Edited by FMM_Salzburg Friday, September 14, 2012 11:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by SARVESH.RVN Friday, September 14, 2012 12:07 PM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 11:44 AM

All replies

• That AppID is nothing to do with your app.  You need an AppID for the Bing Translator Web Service.  Read this for more information.
    Friday, September 14, 2012 11:43 AM
  • It is highly recommended that you don't hard code app ids in an app.  That being said, there are a few ways to get the app id.  

When an application is submitted for testing, an app id is generated and will show in the details page of your application.  I don't know if the app id shows while it is in the testing phase.

Read the app id from the WMAppManifest.xml file.  This file is automatically recreated when you submit an application for testing.  Someone has already written the source for doing the reading and has a nice example here: How to get your Windows Phone 7 application id directly in your application

There are likely more ways to do this, but one of the two above methods should help you.

Edit: I had typed my reply before Steve's reply answered the ID needed for the translation service. My answer will work for someone needing the AppID of the application on Windows Phone Store while Steve's answer is the one the original poster needs.  :)

• Edited by FMM_Salzburg Friday, September 14, 2012 11:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by SARVESH.RVN Friday, September 14, 2012 12:07 PM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 11:44 AM