none
.Net VB using vbProj.References.AddFromFile to add reference to Word VBA project throws an error :'Requested type library or wizard is not a VBA project' RRS feed

• Question

• Question moved to this forum on request from moderator, previously posted HERE .

Hi All,

I'm writing a .Net console app to convert .dot word files to .dotm. I'm not using the wizards because they don't keep the macros.

I can get the files saved as .dotm files and keep the macros intact, but I need to change the references in the doc templates to point at the new .dotm files.

I can iterate through the references and find the entries I want to remove, and remove them no issue. But whenever I try to add a reference to the new .dotm files I get an error stating: 'Requested type library or wizard is not a VBA project'. If I open word and manually add the same reference there is no issue.

Here is the code I'm using:

Dim objWord As Word.Application
            Dim objDoc As Word.Document
            Dim firstFullPath As String
            Dim filename As String

objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

Dim ResultPath As String = (String.Concat(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("Path"), "\Result\"))

Dim diResult As New IO.DirectoryInfo(ResultPath)

Dim aryFi As IO.FileInfo() = diResult.GetFiles("*.dotm")
            Dim HadErr As Boolean
            Dim fri As FileInfo

For Each fri In aryFi
                Try
                    objDoc = objWord.Documents.Open(fri.FullName)
                    Console.WriteLine()
                    Console.WriteLine("-----------------------------------------------------------------------")
                    Console.WriteLine(fri.FullName)
                    objWord.Visible = False

Dim vbProj As VBProject
                    Dim chkRef As Reference

vbProj = objWord.ActiveDocument.VBProject

For Each chkRef In vbProj.References
                        Try
                            Console.WriteLine(chkRef.Name)
                            If chkRef.Name.Contains(".DOT") Or chkRef.Name.Contains(".dot") Then

Console.WriteLine(String.Concat(chkRef.FullPath.Replace(".DOT", ".dot"), "m"))
                                vbProj.References.AddFromFile(String.Concat(chkRef.FullPath.Replace(".DOT", ".dot"), "m"))
                                vbProj.References.Remove(chkRef)

End If

Catch ex As Exception
                            Console.WriteLine(ex.ToString())
                            IO.File.AppendAllText("Log.txt", String.Format("{0}{1}", String.Concat(Environment.NewLine, Environment.NewLine, Environment.NewLine), ex.ToString()))
                        End Try
                    Next

objWord.ActiveDocument.SaveAs(String.Concat(fri.FullName), WdSaveFormat.wdFormatXMLTemplateMacroEnabled)

Catch ex As Exception
                    IO.File.AppendAllText("Log.txt", String.Format("{0}{1}", String.Concat(Environment.NewLine, Environment.NewLine, Environment.NewLine), ex.ToString()))
                End Try
            Next fri

objWord.Quit()
            objDoc = Nothing
            objWord = Nothing

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Kevin

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:03 AM