none
VWD2012express and reporting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello 

I am beginner level programmer. I just installed 2012 vwd express rc. I need to create reports I don't want to design everything from scratch. Why can't Microsoft include report designer future back on this product? I learned that Crystal report was taking out 3-4 years ago, in last couple versions RDLC is taking out too? so, is there anything else I can try? 

Thanks

• Moved by Mike Feng Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:41 AM Report (From:Common Language Runtime)
    Monday, June 4, 2012 6:03 PM

All replies

• If you're a student, install one of the free Visual Studio packages that includes reporting.
    Monday, June 4, 2012 9:47 PM
  • Hi Cemal,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I moved this thread to the VS report control forum - a dedicated one.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:39 AM
  • I am not a student. I tried 2010 version too but that doesn't have it. 

I am not sure if downgrading my VWD to 2008 or earlier versions is good idea, because of the reporting component. What are the other programmers doing when they want to create an order list report then with a click show detail of an order? I could create a report from sql procedures and display them on a page but it takes long time to create them. VWD (developers) should have done something by now? Is there a way to submit this request as product improvement to VWD2012 developer team? 

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 3:01 PM