Active Directory Question RRS feed

• Question

• User362498269 posted

Dear all,

Firstly, my apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I looked through the list and this seemed to be the one that was the best "fit" for my query...

I am working on a project where I access our Active Directory at work.  I am replicating some software that was "bought-in".  Our domain name, fully qualified, is "ubht.nhs.uk", yet when we log in to our PC's, it appears as "UBHT_NT" - I've queried this with a member of our operations team today to try and understand why etc...

He explained to me that "UBHT_NT" was the name of our old NT4 domain, and that its managed through the PDC Emulator in Active Directory.  At this point I realised I was getting out of my depth...

However, I currently have the value "UBHT_NT" wired up in my web.config file as I need to reference it in my project, what I would prefer to do is actually get this value from the Active Directory directly, just like I get a user profile for example.

Does anyone know how I might go about this?

For reference, my only real experience with the Active Directory thus far is querying it with a samaccount and getting a user profile out for updating on a web page etc.. I have little/no knowledge futher than that or indeed with regards to the PDC Emulator.

Thanks in advance for any help..

Regards

Rob

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:40 AM

Answers

• User1563980100 posted
    try going through this link : http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/everythingInAD.aspx let me know if this was helpful.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 8:25 AM