none
GPU family for windows 8 with WHCK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Everyone,

I have aquestion with GPU family.

in hardware-certification-policies-processes.docx 's page 36 describe below

If you're swapping a GPU with one from a different GPU family, you can either run another system submission or add the system to the family of systems that is being tested.

A GPU family has the following requirements:
          GPUs that are manufactured by two different independent hardware vendors (IHVs) are in different GPU families.
          GPUs that don't support the same major DirectX revisions are in different GPU families.
    For example:
          GPU A supports DirectX 10 and GPU B supports DirectX 10.1 = same GPU family.
          GPU A supports DirectX 9 and GPU B supports DirectX 10 = not the same GPU family.
          GPU A supports DirectX 10 and GPU B supports DirectX 11 = not the same GPU family.

can anybody explain the definition of the word with red color? It's a product of AIO. We're going to have an add-in card with two vendors, which is AMD & nVidia.Do I have to run the test and send the submission on both?

thanks,

/Myron

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:47 AM

Answers

• I asked the team who controls these submissions, this is the instructions I received.

System family testing is not supported feature at this time.  Partners will need to make two separate submissions, one for each configuration.  They will need to rerun all tests again so two complete separate submissions.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:10 AM

All replies

• I asked the team who controls these submissions, this is the instructions I received.

System family testing is not supported feature at this time.  Partners will need to make two separate submissions, one for each configuration.  They will need to rerun all tests again so two complete separate submissions.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:10 AM
  • Thank you for your help.
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:19 AM