WF Persistence and encryption RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to WF, so not completely sure of the process, but here goes. I've created simple state machine that has a variable of type SensitiveUserDetails (StateMachine scope) that gets populated as the user progresses through the states.

I intend to user persistence as there will be instances where the user needs to come back in at a later time.

My concern is that the SensitiveUserDetails will be unencrypted in the database. Is there a way to tell WF4 to encrypt this data before being placed in the database?

Thanks,

Slicc

Friday, February 28, 2014 4:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Slicc

According to your description above, you want to encrypt data in SQL database, sensitive data in the instance store should be encrypted. For more information, seeSQL Security Encryption.

In addition, it's also recommended to learn relevant issues about Workflow Security, it's also available you.

Best regards

Angie  

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 7, 2014 1:12 AM
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 1:32 AM