App Certification Takes Forever RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I created a new update for my SeatBot application for Windows Phone and uploaded the appxupload packages (which passed the Windows App Certification Kit test(s)). The changes that I made during the update were Cortana integration (which I added), the 'microphone' capability (which is required for Cortana integration), and a bunch of miscellaneous bug fixes here & there... 

Ever since I uploaded the update, it's been in 'Signing' and 'Pending Certification' stages. I cancelled and re-uploaded the update but to get the same result. 

Any ideas as to how I can get this update uploaded quickly? It's been like this since forever!!!?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Saturday, June 6, 2015 6:20 AM

All replies

• I do not know of anyway of speeding this up
    Saturday, June 6, 2015 11:10 AM
  • There is no way to speed this up.

One time, a user reported a catastrophic crash bug to me for my most popular app.  I came up with a fix right away and uploaded an update.  In the notes for tester, I specifically said I'm sending out a fix for a catastrophic crash bug and to please hurry.  It sat in content compliance for a week and a half before it passed that.  There, it sat at signing and certification for almost another week.

In that time, I received about 200 hate mails from my users about this bug.

I think MS just wants us to submit very simple, single purpose apps like fart apps to fill up the store.  Anything more complicated is discouraged.  Last year, I added an export to pdf feature for my word processor app.  It was rejected with tester's note saying the tester fail to understand the relevance of the feature.  I resubmitted it unchanged but with an explanation about the export to pdf and it passed.

Just suck it up and stop caring.  Follow MS's example.  Look at how they are completely ignoring the issue with copied binaries filling up the windows phone store.

Saturday, June 6, 2015 1:52 PM