whats your offers about a new name for METRO ???

General discussion

• hey buddies...

please releate your offers here... about "METRO" new name

I have some...

1. My Tile

2. Win Tile

3. Auora

4. Pixel

5. Train

6. Mirrors

7. PushMe

8. Courier

9. Corridor

-------------

I hope this helpful for microsoft team.

Good Luck

Monday, August 06, 2012 10:26 PM

All replies

• 10.Surface

:-p

biac [ http://bluewatersoft.cocolog-nifty.com/ ]

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 2:00 AM
  • メトロン星人スタイル Alien Metron Style

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 2:09 AM
  • 11.Nitro
    12.Totoro
    http://www.google.co.jp/search?q=Totoro&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X
    :-p

ひらぽん http://d.hatena.ne.jp/hilapon/

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 2:41 AM
  • 13. Automan

14. Harry Potter

15. KFC

16. McDonald

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:55 AM
  • Since this name change was announced whenever anyone uses the word 'Metro' in blogs etc someone always replies saying 'oh you didnt get the memo' so just call it Memo its easy to remember and not a huge change from Metro.  I dont know why they cant just continue using the word Metro its a common word and associated mainly with public transport and subways and as long as they dont put a trade mark or anything next to it whats the problem?
    Tuesday, August 07, 2012 3:22 PM
  •  as they dont put a trade mark or anything next to it whats the problem?
    I see what you're saying, but you can't use somebody else's trade mark or intellectual property for your own product/app.  It doesn't matter whether you put (TM) next to it, (TM) is just something that's used by the owner of a trade mark to remind people that the phrase is actually a trade mark.  And, in this case, it sounds as though there may be some issues about using the word 'Metro' in this way.

_______________________________ Carl Partridge

Monday, August 13, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Is there any UserVoice for Windows 8 ?
    Can't find any.

I would like to suggest a new name to replace Metro style app for Surface Style App

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:26 PM
  • Lets call it un-creative, or Gr1, or no imagination, how about color less. What were Microsoft thinking when they removed color from everything?
    Friday, August 17, 2012 12:40 PM
  • I would call it "Micro UI". Micro like Microsoft, but also like minimalist UI. And it sounds similar to Metro

• Edited by dvlg Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:23 PM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:21 PM
  • Following the fine example of the UN (Macedonia becomes FYROM) and the music business (Prince becomes TAFKAP), I suggest:

TIFKAM (The Interface Formerly Known As Metro)

;-)

Jim Chapman

Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:39 AM
  • Since this name change was announced whenever anyone uses the word 'Metro' in blogs etc someone always replies saying 'oh you didnt get the memo' so just call it Memo its easy to remember and not a huge change from Metro.  I dont know why they cant just continue using the word Metro its a common word and associated mainly with public transport and subways and as long as they dont put a trade mark or anything next to it whats the problem?
    Friday, December 14, 2012 7:45 AM