Map can edit to custom sharepoint group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a custom group in my site collection. When an editor want to share a document with another user, on click of share option from document context menu it is show 2 options. “Can view” and “can edit”. By select “can edit” SharePoint by default granting contribute perms to the user on the item.

Can I map in a way so that by selecting can edit will add my custom group to the item?

Friday, May 13, 2016 7:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Nikhil0041,

According to your description, you want to share a document with a group by clicking "can edit".

Per my knowledge, you can type the group name in the blank. Then select "can edit".

Finally, click "share".

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 16, 2016 2:53 AM
  • sorry for the confusion. 

am able to share ,  when i select can edit by default  "Contributor" permission is getting added to the item. instead when user select "can edit" i want my custom permission level should be added to item.

how i can achieve this ? 

Monday, May 16, 2016 9:39 AM
  • Hi Nikhil0041,

Per my search, you should use code to modify the template.

Please refer to the link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/c315701f-8cc1-43e0-968b-d33144c42364/how-do-you-change-the-document-sharing-default-permission-level-from-can-edit-to-can-view?forum=sharepointgeneral

Best Regards,

CY

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:44 AM
  • Thanks for your suggestions.

The environment where we are going to deploy is shared environment. we cant modify the files in layout as it will effect other applications as well.

any other ideas on this ?

Thursday, May 19, 2016 7:16 AM
  • Hi Nikhil0041,

Then I don't think it's possible.

Best Regards,

CY

Friday, May 20, 2016 9:12 AM