Can not delete Storage Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Whenever I try to delete my storage account I get following error:

Storage account portalvhdskg04lmx23mnt8 has  container(s) which have an active image and/or disk artifacts. Ensure those artifacts are removed from the image repository before deleting this storage account.

There is no container inside my storage account (same shown in error = 0). Facing this error for last 2-3 days

Actually what id did was, using CloudXplrer tool, I broke the lease of VHDs inside container and deleted the container. But now storage account is not getting deleted due to above error.

Please advise

Sandeep Bhutani

Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:19 AM

Answers

• Hi

You can post this thread to Azure storage forum.

Some MSFT will help you handle this problem, they don't have have the permission to directly help you view your account information, but they can involve some Support engineer to help you.

Thanks

Please mark post as answered if it helped!

• Proposed as answer by Yuan2013 Monday, October 14, 2013 7:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Friday, November 8, 2013 6:16 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2013 7:16 AM

All replies

• HI

First, you should change this thread to a question not discussion, otherwise few pepole will involve to this thread.

Please take a look at this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/abf6db4a-a625-4295-84ef-34d798711063/cant-delete-a-storage-account?forum=WAVirtualMachinesforWindows,

I think you have the same situation.

check thomas's answer:

Take a look under Virtual Machines, they have a tab inside called DISKS. 

If you see a Disk there, you need to delete it first.  Also, when you delete it you get the option to delete the underlying blob in the storage account.

If that doesn’t work, I have a tool (http://www.biztalkgurus.com/windows_azure/m/windows_azure/37137.aspx) that can be used to break the lease and delete the blob.

Hope this helps.

Friday, October 11, 2013 2:55 AM
  • Hi Yuan,

Thanks for reply. But there is nothing inside the storage account. No disk etc... Attached is the snapshot of tool you mentioned and also the snapshot of cloudXplorer, which shows the account is empty. but still not able to delete the account!!!.

Also, if you look at error carefully - Storage account portalvhdskg04lmx23mnt8 has  container(s) which --- between words has and container(s) there is a gap which should be 0,1,2.. It means there is nothing but still not able to delete the account. Please suggest.

Sandeep Bhutani

Friday, October 11, 2013 8:22 AM
  • HI

You can try to contact the Azure support  by creating a support ticket at http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/contact/

Hope it helps.

Monday, October 14, 2013 2:11 AM
  • Hi,

I believe I can not open a ticket to technical support team as my plan is a trial one:

Your Support Plan: Free (Billing support only)

Your current plan does not include technical support from Microsoft.

Anyway... thanks for your time :)

Sandeep Bhutani

Monday, October 14, 2013 6:43 AM
  • Hi

You can post this thread to Azure storage forum.

Some MSFT will help you handle this problem, they don't have have the permission to directly help you view your account information, but they can involve some Support engineer to help you.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Friday, November 8, 2013 6:16 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2013 7:16 AM