• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to load fonts from SD-card instead of \Windows. I've added

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FontPath]

to the registry.

Here I store sunfon.ttf. When trying to write chinese (using SC_Song
    font) I only get squares. If I copy sunfon.ttf to \Windows, without
    rebooting platform (only restarting the application which displays a
    chinese string), I get correct chinese characters.

Any ideas? Why doesn't FontPath work?

My system is Windows Mobile 6.1.
    Regards,
    ramonqlee
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 1:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramonqlee,

On smart device, relative path is not supported so you need to use the physical path.

Regards,
    Malleswar
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 7:39 AM
  • Hi,Malleswar
     i set fontpath to \storage card\mydirectory,and all my fonts lie there, but it doesn't work when i reset my window mobile. If \storage card\mydirectory is not physical path, how can i get it?

Thanks
    ramonqlee

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:15 AM
  • I am not kind of sure but the [space] between storage card might be giving you the error.

Thanks,
    CED
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:22 PM
  • Fonts cannot be installed on storage card as far as I know.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 1:18 AM
  • As far as i know, fonts can be loaded from micro sd or mms,etc on Symbian 60 which scans fonts under directory \fonts one by one ,then loads them into system. If windows mobile can not load fonts from micro sd, does that mean it only loads fonts from phone memory? Because phone memory is usually too limited to accomodate  few fonts,especially when CJK fonts are concerned, if it does not work to leave them on micro sd, does that mean i can not load a few more fonts at the same time and defaults one as system fonts?

Monday, June 1, 2009 1:53 AM
  • I would say fonts are not supposed to be installed on storage card, so I wouldn't surprise if FontPath doesn't work for storage card. Another means that is worth a try is the AddFontResource function. You can make a autostart program to invoke that function.

Though there might be some possibilities, you should realize the risks you have to undertake. Storage card can be removed, and its driver can be reloaded. When that happens the handles to the font files become invalid and thus the OS may be destabilized.

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:40 AM
  • On the windows mobile device you need to state the fully qualified path because the windows mobile OS does not support relative pathing for registry entries.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:45 PM