Specify Manifest in Code RRS feed

• Question

• Let's say service1 wants to partner with service2, which may or may not be on the same node, using a CreateorUseExisting type policy. In addition, I want service2 to startup with a specific manifest file located in a directory that I specify. How do I achieve this? I looked in the service tutorial 7 but it doesn't seem to specify how you'd use a manifest when it starts.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Don

Friday, May 4, 2007 4:27 AM

Answers

• While not a bad idea the partner attribute does not support specifying a manifest for creating other services. Manifests have to be submitted to the Manifest Loader (if by value) of the Manifest Loader Client (if ny reference). There are two ways that you can make this happen.

1. Create the service manually on the remote node by starting the dsshost indicating the manifest on the command line
    2. In service 1, for example in the start routine, create a manifest and submit that to the manifest loader on node 2. The response to teh manifest loader contains the URIs of the services created so then you can create a forwarder to service 2 and talk to it from service 1 

Henrik

Friday, May 4, 2007 6:14 PM