none
Series of posts on an improved Treeview control (custom control) in LightSwitch. RRS feed

• General discussion

• A problem I encountered with the "mainstream" way of using a treeview in LightSwitch is that there is no support for on demand loading, which is problematic for very large trees.

I tried to elaborate an approach based on the Telerik radTreeView which can support lazy loading (or on demand loading).

See: http://blog.pragmaswitch.com/?p=545

I hope to be able to continue the series with things such as tree search.

paul van bladel

Monday, October 22, 2012 5:57 PM

All replies

• Hi

With RadTreeView we can  build complicated navigation systems. with its powerful databinding and load on demand mechanism, the control lets display hierarchical structures, such as directories and relational data. With its drag and drop functionality and other advanced capabilities, RadTreeView significantly improves the navigation and performance of your application.

we could post this problem about treeview to uservoice of LightSwitch and vote it, Microsoft will take this into consideration soon.

Monday, October 29, 2012 8:03 AM
  • I would not really say there is a problem with the silverlight treeview control. It's working very stable.

Nonetheless, as you mentioned correctly, the Telerik control is much richer. I can live with the fact that there is a "market" for more sophisticated controls. 

kind regards

paul van bladel

Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:38 AM