Database access issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends

I have an serious issue. i want to  select some Query from SM2 database from report.user account.

but i got this error.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:50 AM

Answers

• seems this referring to the permission issue -

where the Error 229 occurs during any transaction which involves objects to fetch, such as using the   select, update etc..since you donot have permission it causes the rollback.

see

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlexpress/thread/d04388c2-63a7-4acb-b704-0b55f861118b/

Rama Udaya.K ramaudaya.blogspot.com ---------------------------------------- Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:34 AM

All replies

• seems this referring to the permission issue -

where the Error 229 occurs during any transaction which involves objects to fetch, such as using the   select, update etc..since you donot have permission it causes the rollback.

see

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlexpress/thread/d04388c2-63a7-4acb-b704-0b55f861118b/

Rama Udaya.K ramaudaya.blogspot.com ---------------------------------------- Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:34 AM
  • Thanx Rama Udaya i get this error  . how can i give permission ??

Kindly suggest me some steps.

• Edited by BI_Support Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:14 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:55 AM
  • Hi,

Can you please check what kind of accesses you have for the TWIS\Report in case if you are trying to accesses the SQL server with that account

or TWIS\report is part of Builtin\admin group ,if so then check what permission it has too for builtin\admin.. seeing that there is no proper accesses .

Also it is referring for the mssqlsystemresoorcedb of one of the view object called extend_properties.

it can fixes the issue if you grant the database_reader permission for that database name called SM2 for the login which you are using or

if it is part of the builtin\admin account(but it applies to other users as well if they are part of local admin) check what accesses it has..

seems you donot have the proper accesses.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:21 AM
  • Thanx Rama Udaya.

i solved that issue .. i give permission to that user in Group in Active directory.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:29 AM