Associate app with store using command line.

Question

• Is there any way to associate app with store using command line instead of using visual studio's 'Associate app with store' option.

Break the New Tech.

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 12:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Why?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 7:01 PM
  • Associate app with store just pulls the identifying values from the store into the appxmanifest. There isn't a command line interface for this, but you can edit the values into the manifest by hand without Visual Studio.
    Tuesday, May 05, 2015 7:20 PM
    Owner
  • Yes, but the project will need Windows_Store.pfx and Package.StoreAssociation.xml file before we proceed for build. Can I upload app package without associating app with store before build?

Break the New Tech.

Friday, May 08, 2015 6:06 AM
  • Because we build project using command line interface. And I guess project need to be associated with store before we build.

Break the New Tech.

Friday, May 08, 2015 6:10 AM
  • Can I upload app package without associating app with store before build?
    No, this document tell us the necessary operation: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh454036.aspx

Best Regards,
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 12:26 PM