.Net technologies new beginner advise RRS feed

• Question

• User-1727876605 posted
    Hi All,

I am novice Microsoft person. Enrolled and about to complete Bob Tabor’s C# course.
    My next steps are to focus on
    Bob tabor Asp.net mvc courses
    Udemy html5 css3 course as I am beginner here too
    JavaScript course
    Bootstrap

But I am not able to connect dots: there is a course in udemy called web developer boot camp by Colt Steele.
    How is it different from Asp.net MVc?

My final intention is to write Azure developer certification... are all the above pre requisites to understand the Azure developer course ?
    Friday, January 25, 2019 5:22 PM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

sampri

But I am not able to connect dots:

Can you be a bit more specific?   

MVC is a UI framework for building dynamic HTML.  In other words web applications.  C# is the language commonly used to write logic on web server.  

I recommend going through the tutorials on this site to help with your understanding.

https://www.asp.net/learn

ASP.NET Core is the newer framework.

My final intention is to write Azure developer certification... are all the above pre requisites to understand the Azure developer course ?

Azure is a cloud service that encompass many technologies and services.  Hosting MVC web apps are a very small piece of Azure services.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, January 25, 2019 5:45 PM
  • User409696431 posted

"But I am not able to connect dots: there is a course in udemy called web developer boot camp by Colt Steele.
    How is it different from Asp.net MVc? "

If you look at the syllabus for "The Web Developer Bootcamp" it does not address asp.net or MVC.

It address things you can certainly use in an MVC application: HTML, CSS, javascript, JQuery, the bootstrap framework, etc.

Saturday, January 26, 2019 3:05 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

sampri

But I am not able to connect dots:

Can you be a bit more specific?   

MVC is a UI framework for building dynamic HTML.  In other words web applications.  C# is the language commonly used to write logic on web server.  

I recommend going through the tutorials on this site to help with your understanding.

https://www.asp.net/learn

ASP.NET Core is the newer framework.

Azure is a cloud service that encompass many technologies and services.  Hosting MVC web apps are a very small piece of Azure services.

Friday, January 25, 2019 5:45 PM
  • User409696431 posted

"But I am not able to connect dots: there is a course in udemy called web developer boot camp by Colt Steele.
    How is it different from Asp.net MVc? "

If you look at the syllabus for "The Web Developer Bootcamp" it does not address asp.net or MVC.

It address things you can certainly use in an MVC application: HTML, CSS, javascript, JQuery, the bootstrap framework, etc.

Saturday, January 26, 2019 3:05 AM