none
Can WCF-NetTcp adapter work with legacy TCP client? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am just struggling with finding out right solution to connect to a legacy TCP client. I am in the process of finding right adapter to communicate with the client.

My scenario is that I will send a message (text) to the client over tcp/ip and client will send back the response (a simple string). In general people says I will have to write custom adapter (or can use adapter available at codeplex, not sure it looks very complicated to me may because i am a starter in biztalk and couldn't find the solution after downloading, installing and going through the docs) but i can find that there is a WCF-NetTcp adapter also inbuilt available in BizTalk 2006 R2 (I want to go for this adapter because this is inbuilt and trusted by Microsoft). 

I am not sure, if I can use this adapter to connect to my client. Is there any difference while connecting through custom adapter and WCF-NetTcp?

Can I find a very straight forward and simple TCP adapter for BizTalk 2006 (request - response scenario)?

Sheo Narayan
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:44 PM

All replies

• The WCF-NetTcp adapter can connect to a WCF service that exposes a NetTcp binding, but your legacy TCP client is likely not a WCF service. So this will not work. Could you explain more about what your legacy TCP client looks like - is this like a .NET Remoting app or something similar? Or maybe just a TCP port on an IP and you need to process the streams?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Proposed as answer by edhickey Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:04 AM
    Friday, January 30, 2009 11:06 PM