none
What Editions of Visual Studio 2012 include the Report Viewer Control? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using VS 2012 Express(Web & Desktop) for a while now, and now I need to create a page that uses the report viewer control, and can't seem to verify which editions include it, I know Express does not, and found that with 2008 it was standard and up, so I'd assume it's Pro and up with 2012, but wanted to confirm that Pro does include it, prior to purchasing.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:32 PM

Answers

• Actually there's a 'Report Viewer Control' that can be added to an ASP Page, I was able to confirm (by downloading the trial) that the control is included in VS 2012 Pro and up, it was no longer included in Express starting in 2010.
    • Marked as answer by SteveAG Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hi mxrdr21,

Based on your description, it seems that it is related to the report viewer, I will move this thread to Visual Studio Report Controls forum for dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:04 AM
  • Actually there's a 'Report Viewer Control' that can be added to an ASP Page, I was able to confirm (by downloading the trial) that the control is included in VS 2012 Pro and up, it was no longer included in Express starting in 2010.
    • Marked as answer by SteveAG Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:31 PM