Browsing through the REST Web service RRS feed

• Question

• I created a REST service by using Web Http Adapter in BizTalk WCT publishing wizard. Just selected One way Receive port and configured in IIS. In the Biztalk console, used the IsolatedHost and enabled the receive location. Now for testing browsed through the service.I am seeing the below in the browser. Is it an expected behavior or do I have to make any changes anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sunday, June 5, 2016 7:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Sid

This should be fine as there is no metadata/wsdl for webHttp binding/REST endpoints. wsdl is only applicable for SOAP endpoints. Try calling the service from Fiddler (HTTP GET) and check if you get back a HTTP 200.

You can also do a HTTP POST with any content(if ReceiveLocation is using PassThrough pipeline). Before testing HTTP POST, create a FILE adapter SendPort with filter on BTS.ReceivePort name, so that the message you send from Fiddler can be written to a file in BizTalk server.

Refer this on testing with Fiddler.

Thanks Arindam

Sunday, June 5, 2016 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Sid

This should be fine as there is no metadata/wsdl for webHttp binding/REST endpoints. wsdl is only applicable for SOAP endpoints. Try calling the service from Fiddler (HTTP GET) and check if you get back a HTTP 200.

You can also do a HTTP POST with any content(if ReceiveLocation is using PassThrough pipeline). Before testing HTTP POST, create a FILE adapter SendPort with filter on BTS.ReceivePort name, so that the message you send from Fiddler can be written to a file in BizTalk server.

Refer this on testing with Fiddler.

Thanks Arindam

Sunday, June 5, 2016 7:28 AM
  • Thanks Arindam,

I tried to give both GET and POST. In POST as I am not passible anything, I see an empty file in the send port. Hope that is how it should be.

Sunday, June 5, 2016 7:53 AM
  • Hi Sid

That is fine. To be sure, pass a string like 'test' in Request Body, you will see the same in your file in SendPort location.

Thanks Arindam

Sunday, June 5, 2016 8:25 AM
  • Yes I see it. Thanks
    Sunday, June 5, 2016 8:35 AM