Cryptopgraphy RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Bluetooth device I'm connecting to that has a public key installed on it which it uses to encrypt the data it sends back to to my C# Win 8.1 Store App.  On the app side I have a PEM private key supplied by the vendor of the bluetooth device.  How can I use that private key to decrypt the data?
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 5:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Gregory - I'm going to move this thread to a Crypto forum for better assistance since it's a general question about Cryptography and not really specific to Store apps.  If you have questions about the specific APIs used, please post back here.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, September 19, 2014 7:05 PM
  • That's fine, but it is Store specific, Matt.

Because the APIs for Cryptography are different for WSA versus the full .Net API this is specific to Store apps.  Maybe I can make the question more specific to say, "within the confines of a WSA, i.e. not using a brokered component, how can I use the PEM private key?"

Thanks,

Greg

Friday, September 19, 2014 9:49 PM
  • Greg - go ahead and post back in the Store forum - I can't move it back because I'm not a moderator in this forum. Sorry for the confusion.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:09 PM